My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Another heartbreaking story written by Khaled Hosseini.
In this book, the author makes use of flashbacks in order to describe the destiny of the main characters – a brother and his sister (Abdullah and Pari) who are torn apart as children by their father – in such a way that there are many stories intertwined which are told in parallel, like a mosaic.
As historical background, the story of Afghanistan is told in the last 60 years. The story moves also from Kabul to Paris, to San Francisco and to the Greek Islands.
When you finish the book, it is almost impossible to stop thinking about the main characters and their destiny.
5* The Kite Runner
5* A Thousand Splendid Suns
4* And the Mountains Echoed
- Book Review: And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini (thehungryreader.wordpress.com)
- Review of And the Mountains Echoed (bookymom.com)
- Review: And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini (jennifercav.wordpress.com)
- In novels and life, Khaled Hosseini grapples with his homelands (francescaeilaria.wordpress.com)
- Review of “And the Mountains Echoed” by Khaled Hosseini (richardmansel.com)
- Review: And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini (bookdout.wordpress.com)
- And the Mountains Echoed – Khaled Hosseini (liliagrimshaw.wordpress.com)
- Khaled Hosseini: ‘If I could go back now, I’d take The Kite Runner apart’ (guardian.co.uk)